Personal ceremonies offer the freedom and flexibility to enjoy Ceremonial Grade Cacao from the comfort of your home. Our cacao paste is ready for you to incorporate into your existing self-care rituals. Watch as mindfully sipping cacao brings an energizing and grounding effect to practices of meditation, yoga, dancing, artmaking, and much more.
When first introducing cacao into your spiritual and bodywork practices, we suggest starting at a lower dose and listening to your body as you increase toward a Ceremonial Dose (3-4 tbsp, 38-50g) for deep inner work. Get more dosage information here. Remember, you are the sage of your own journey, and sacred cacao is a powerful partner on your path of healing and self-love.
1) Prepare your cup of cacao (See video). Mindfully create your cup by fully being present throughout your preparation. Focus on your breath and find awareness.
2) Create a space/spot to drink your cacao. Ideally inside or outside in a open quiet space.
3) Before drinking get comfortable and take a few moments in gratitude for the cacao, the farmers who have raised it from the earth, and the many peoples who have preserved this plant medicine tradition.
4) Take 5 to 10 deep, conscious breaths then take your first sip. Taste the powerful cacao. (You can always adjust taste as needed).
5) Drink slowly at your own pace, and feel the warmth of the cacao flowing throughout the whole body, especially to the heart.
6) Be present with all sensations.
7) Take some time to incorporate different holistic modalities that call to you!
- Intention Cards
- Spiritual or Creative Practices
- Dance/ Music
We’d love to witness your unique experience using Sage Cacao. Share with us on social media. Instagram: @sagecacao
The definition of a ceremony is "a unified ritualistic event with a purpose."
Ceremonial Cacao has historically been used in groups to enhance introspection and deepen a sense of connection to one another. We gather in Cacao Circles today for this same purpose—to share in an experience that is simultaneously personal and communal. In a typical ceremony, participants are guided through the consumption of cacao followed by embodiment practices such as yoga, meditation, breathwork, journaling, dancing, artmaking, and more. Cacao Circles are set up to be safe and supportive spaces for the discoveries, sensations and reflections we each encounter through our work with cacao.
Sage Cacao will soon offer Ceremonial Cacao Circles. See events.
Join our newsletter and follow our journey visiting all our cacao farms in 2022!